Author Topic: Clear logs + cache  (Read 7283 times)

Offline 7exclusive

• View Profile
Clear logs + cache
« on: May 12, 2012, 11:34:34 PM »
Hey support,

Today I received an email from my hosting company telling me the following:

Your website has been found to be in violation of section 3 "Your Obligations" of our Hosting and Virtual Dedicated Hosting Service Agreement.
The relevant passage of this agreement has been provided below:

"You shall not use the Service in any way that shall impair the functioning or operation of Our Services or equipment."

Your website currently has an improperly configured directory structure. More specifically, the following directories have exceed the maximum 1,024 file/folder count.

The amount of files/folders in the above location(s) are affecting our hosting administrator's ability to efficiently back up your site, and is adversely impacting the performance of global maintenance operations for the shared server. Exceeding this 1,024 file/folder limit can also cause file system latency which reduces the responsiveness of all files contained on this shared server. This affects not only your web site but all other customer web sites utilizing this service.

We understand that this misconfiguration was not intentional, as such we respectfully request that you reduce the file/folder count within the above directories to less than 1,024 total files & folders combined.

And then I get a list of folders that have more than 1024 files in it. They also mention that if do not resolve this issue, my websites are eligible for suspension and deletion.
So I need to fix this issue asap :(

The problem is that almost all of the folders are from the tp/data/logs and tp/data/logs/cache folders have more than 1024 files in them (around 1700).
Is there a way to reduce these folders in terms of amount of files it has, or turn caching off in my settings?

I would hate that my websites would get suspended for something stupid like this :)

Can someone please enlighten me in what I need to configure/adjust to resolve this issue?

(I assume just deleting the logs / cache is 1. not an option for the correct functioning of my site and 2. will not solve the issue on a longer term as the logs/cache will be filled again and I will encounter the same issues).

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
7exclusive
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 01:59:13 AM by 7exclusive »

Offline 7exclusive

• View Profile
Re: Clear logs + cache
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 11:43:31 PM »
Oh ps.

I just noticed that I only have version 1.0.6 of TP on my server (as it's 1.0.9 now).
I assumed I had the latest version as I did not receive any update messages.
But when I try to do an update and check for updates (check for latest updates (upgrade)) I get the following message:

There is no updates available on the server now
Please try again later.

How can I enjoy the latest version of TP and the new Algo? (I've been dying to try this one out!) :-)

Thanks!
7exclusive

Offline ip0li

• miSearkXD
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Premier Сasual Dating Real-life Girls
Re: Clear logs + cache
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 02:42:42 AM »
About cache/logs...there is no way to limit those!

Please send me your tp and ftp info so I can see where is problem with update!

info@scriptpulse.com