Author Topic: 200-500% out shit traffic  (Read 8225 times)

Offline oil

• View Profile
200-500% out shit traffic
« on: March 14, 2012, 06:22:12 PM »
a trade partner just reported that from time to time, i gets massive amounts of shit traffic from my sites, it seems to happen on random days, but from different sites over the network, for him it shows up as one IP with lots of hits but no clicks,

as from my point of view, i realized all over my TP scripts that i have days where i sent massively 200-500% or up to 1200% Return, please dont say all is okay cause my trade prod on all the sites going gown to the basement with this shit traffic mixed in between

btw, and its always helpful when we cant attach images anymore to the forum, to show the screwed stats

Offline oil

• View Profile
Re: 200-500% out shit traffic
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 06:32:28 PM »
+ the prod numbers are all over wrong, my TP claimed it runs a 500% prod overall, last 24, and there is no data available to backup this result, its like TP grabbing fantasy numbers fromt the air
you have the login, he domain in question is www.upskirtclothes.com have yourself a look

Offline ip0li

• miSearkXD
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Premier Сasual Dating Real-life Girls
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 04:50:21 AM »
Hi, that shit traffic can be clicks from single IP or multiple single IP's. U can use analyzer/active IP to see what IP is in question and simply block it with .htaccess

From your words it looks to me like TP is guilty for this behavior, can you explain me what should TP do?

Regarding images, we disabled them for security reasons. You can always use free image hosting service like tinypic, upload pic and link it here.

LMK if I can assist U further.

Offline allniche

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 08:37:31 AM »
It could be from a spider or bot getting sent to your trades from skim or even via the toplist. You might want to consider your settings in Settings -> Out including whether you are filtering toplist clicks.  There are tradeoffs to changing things but if you wanted you could actually fix it so Nocookie, Noimage, spider, Filtered, and Notcounted (Danger here especially if you are using the new version and have max clicks=5) never go to your trades and are never counted in your stats.  Not even from toplist clicks ("Do not filter clicks from toplist" in settings -> out).

From personal experience the problem in locking down these settings is that while you up the quality of what you are sending to your trades considerably it can still result in a loss since lots of scripts and configurations still reward for crap traffic.  There's a balance you have to find.  Be careful with what you change though.

Also there are bots out there which can avoid all known TP (and other scripts) automated detection methods.  I've seen them myself.  Even if you lock the TP Out settings as tight as possible these will get right by. The only way to catch them is to look manually in detailed stats for suspicious things (hint: check countries and languages). 
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 08:44:38 AM by allniche »

Offline bbhrucy79

• View Profile
    • Pussy in Style
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 10:46:16 AM »
From personal experience the problem in locking down these settings is that while you up the quality of what you are sending to your trades considerably it can still result in a loss since lots of scripts and configurations still reward for crap traffic.

Exactly. I was shocked to learn this, that is: I tried to filter my out traffic to make it better quality expecting that trade sites will appreciate it and in fact this resulted in loss of incoming traffic. Its crazy but true: most trade scripts will reward you for crap traffic. Makes no sense but it works.