Author Topic: How can you add more than one trade from the same URL?  (Read 7823 times)

Offline nylonfreaks

• View Profile
How can you add more than one trade from the same URL?
« on: July 17, 2009, 11:37:15 AM »
Sometimes, when sites have put up a hosted toplist on a site such as usa.ultimatetopsites.com, there could be possibly 1000's of sites that all start with the same URL, but have added code after that defines which site and therefore - trade - it is.

For example :

http://usa.ultimatetopsites.com/bin/topsite.cgi?erinslegscene&cat=entertainment&ID=219 is Erin's Leg Scene
http://usa.ultimatetopsites.com/bin/topsite.cgi?pinupglamour&cat=general&ID=86 is Pin Up Glamour

Both are separate toplist sites that are hosted with usa.ultimatetopsites.com

I have tried to add some site to my trade list that are toplists from similar sites and I get an error that I cannot add the same URL twice... the problem is, that although it is the asme URL it is a separate trade and therefore needs to be tracked separately. Can anyone suggest how I can get round this?

Offline ip0li

• miSearkXD
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Premier Сasual Dating Real-life Girls
Re: How can you add more than one trade from the same URL?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 05:49:15 AM »
U cant since all data is collected via domain.

Offline nylonfreaks

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 06:57:52 AM »
Maybe this is something you could add then, as it's not uncommon and gives false results for those toplists. :)

Offline nylonfreaks

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 10:20:04 AM »
I have just realised how inconvenient this is, as it basically means it is impossible to add toplists for sites I have a CCBill affiliate code for.

Surely it would be far better to have the site URL as the defining field, and have it as a separate field for putgoing traffic with the option to tick a box and use the same for both? This would mean that you can set up affiliate links as your outgoing trade and therefore use the toplist option for different things.

For example, I would like to just put all my links into different toplists. I have defined groups, so that site can belong to one, or many groups. Each group will be displayed in a toplist on a different part of the site. I want to use tradepulse to track my traffic whether that be affiliate traffic or not, so even though I have affliliate links out, it will a) track the hits in and out and b) sort my list of sites of affiliate likes so that the most productive ones will be at the top of the list... easy, if the data is sorted by INCOMING and not OUTGOING domain... so really, the two should be separate???