Author Topic: no img% read  (Read 11461 times)

Offline Bryan

• View Profile
no img% read
« on: June 23, 2009, 08:09:20 AM »
hi, I installed Bot's detection using img.php , and turned on Use 'no img' traffic filtration in the 'Out settings',

my Q is, how do I read the numbers correctly of no img% in "anti-cheat"?

Is the number higher, the safer the trade is? or the other way around?
my bookmare shows me 82% and SE shows 56%, now I am confused ???

Offline Bryan

• View Profile
Re: no img% read
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 08:39:53 AM »
be aware of using this method to track down the cheaters.
my prod drop dramatically after I enabled this feature, and about 50% of my traffic has been deemed as no img traffic (even though I followed the manual). I turned it off and everything is back to normal. Be warned!

Offline Bryan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 02:38:31 PM »
anyone cares to shed the light?

Is the no img% number higher, the safer the trade is? or the other way around?

Offline Andrew

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 03:03:39 PM »
Here's my perspective as a user of TP and noimg...

As I understand it, the noimg stats tell you how many clicks are being made by visitors who do not load images on your site.  The assumption being that if a visitor doesn't load images then they are not a real person - so, the smaller the figure the better.

I have this feature enabled on my sites and I typically see a noimg% of between 5 and 10 for most 'good' trades, a few are 10 to 15, and notrades, bookmarks, noref etc are up in the 20 to 30 range (eg, search engine bots don't not typically load images).

I believe that this feature does use cookies though so the noimg traffic will include a component of nocookie too.

If you are seeing 50% across the board then it's possible you have a server or setup issue - BUT, if you are seeing 50% for a bunch of trades but 10 to 20 or so for others then I'd say it's likely that the 50% is a real figure and you should investigate those trades.

For example, have a careful look at your server stats and see whether the number of REAL images being loaded by visitors is consistent with the number of visitors that are loading your home page.  Does the typical visitor actually load ALL the images on your page - for example, possibly the img.php element is too far down the page and not being loaded soon enough?

hth

Offline ip0li

• mgSearkGD
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Girls from your city for night
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 05:40:58 AM »
Thnx Andrew for explaining!

Offline Bryan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 07:00:00 AM »
Thanks, Andrew , for your excellent post, I think you hit the nail on the head.
I was putting the img.php at the very bottom and that probably explains why my no img numbers were high because surfers would click thumbs without waiting for the page to load completely, and I believe TP would deem those as noimg traffic during the load time. I have now put it at the top of the page and the numbers are decreasing.