Author Topic: TABLE OF SPECIALIZED OUT SETTINGS  (Read 7742 times)

Offline oil

• View Profile
TABLE OF SPECIALIZED OUT SETTINGS
« on: February 12, 2009, 05:08:08 AM »
i am in the strong idea of maximizing profits those days, hence i thought, or may i can send some certain traffic prob. directly to sponsors but wanted to hear your opinions cause of some of them i am not sure what kind of traffic it acutally is

so i thought i make a list of what makes most sense

notrades traffic  -  as usual traffic
bookmark traffic -  as usual traffic       
noref_in traffic   -  as usual traffic     
nocookie traffic  -  prob. best to a sponsor     
noref_out traffic  - prob. as usual, its prob. just the clicks noref_in does? kinda odd to understand why its seperate   
filtered traffic  -  ??? what to do best with that, most likey send as usual is not good     
fast clicks    - want to hear your opinion   
proxy traffic  -  ??? what to do best with that, most likey send as usual is not good       
notcounted traffic   - ???   
no img traffic -  ??? what to do best with that, most likey send as usual is not good 

Offline Andrew

• View Profile
Re: TABLE OF SPECIALIZED OUT SETTINGS
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 01:49:50 PM »
Hi Oil,

I have a similar focus - I think that sometimes far too much emphasis is given to building traffic for traffic's sake without considering if it's actually profitable :)

So, I have two guidelines that I try to adhere to:
1. Send traffic that is more likely to buy something to a place where they can buy it
2. Don't send junk out to trades

For now at least, 'somewhere they can buy it' means to a gallery and 'dont send to a trade' also means send to a gallery.
In the past I've found that skimming to a sponsor gave less than satisfactory results (I think the surfer might resent being skimmed)
My approach at the moment is to try to identify the higher converting galleries and sending buying surfers to those better galleries.

To me, 'more likely to buy' is typically SE traffic and/or bookmarkers - or really, anything that hasn't been skimmed from another trade.

Btw, I believe that noref_out traffic is traffic that clicks directly on out.php without ever having been counted on the way IN.  That sounds a bit dodgy to me so by my rules they must just not go to another trade