Author Topic: Is this a TP Hack?  (Read 9895 times)

Offline Morter

• View Profile
Is this a TP Hack?
« on: July 16, 2014, 12:33:18 PM »
I just had a complaint that people are getting redirected to those Police Websites. You know the ones that look like they are from your Countries Police force and they are monitoring you. In my case I am in Canada so I get RCMP then I can't get out of it. Is this a known issue? Is there a fix? How?

Offline Mike B

• View Profile
    • Aiva Network
Re: Is this a TP Hack?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 05:07:07 AM »
Morter,

If you're  using the free version, then 2% of your outbound traffic will be sent to their advertisers, which is currently AvaTraffic.com.

Those are their ads you're getting complaints about.
Regards,
Mike B.

Accepting Single and Network Trades
Aiva Network

Offline Morter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 07:23:51 AM »
Hi Mike,
Yes but this is a viral thing and it is very nasty. You guys should be able to drop this advertiser through your AvaTraffic.com account no? Anyway it doesnT matter to me anymore because I have dumped TP. Not sure you are understanding how bad this is. I have a 14 year old site and it has basically destroyed my site.

Offline Mike B

• View Profile
    • Aiva Network
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 07:37:59 AM »
Yeah, quite a few of us have brought this up to them. TP actually owns AvaTraffic.

I believe they try to keep them clean, but monitoring all their advertisers would be a huge undertaking. They rely on publishers to let them know.

As for the ones for TP, there's no "account" to manage them in. They are in-house through TP's AvaTraffic account, so there's no way to block them.

Hopefully they will resolve this soon, we've considered migrating to another platform as well, but with needing a license for 100+ sites, it can become very expensive, very fast.
Regards,
Mike B.

Accepting Single and Network Trades
Aiva Network

Offline Morter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 09:45:12 AM »
Hi Mike yeah I appreciate the fact that you don't have anything to do with it. Thanks

Offline ip0li

• miSearkXD
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Premier Сasual Dating Real-life Girls
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 03:09:21 AM »
Hi, first of all sorry for late reply, I didn't get email notifications about new topics and it didnt show up as unread, bug in forum, we fixed it.

We sell 2% of clicks we take to AvaTraffic(our broker system), police redirect was there, many users and we were faced with same issue as other brokers. We finally sorted it out, and as soon as we detect them we remove those users and block their account.

My apologies once again, if anything like this happens in future (I believe it will not) please contact me over skype ipoli263 or email info@scriptpulse.com

Cheers!