Author Topic: I need a quicker way to install TP into 17 folders on same domain, Please?  (Read 13243 times)

Offline H

• View Profile
I have one of those hosts with the over zealous security measures - so I have to go ftp into each TP install and manually set files to 644 and folders to 755 - with exception to .css files which need 755 to work.

anyway if you look at http://hitdat.net/1spon/ you will see the list of TGPs I want to put TP into and There HAS TO be an easy way since these are all the same domain and thus same license info. Please tell me thats right ?

SO the plan I had was install into one of the tgps - and before making any changes OTHER THAN to ftp to correct permissions - copy that TP folder to all the other TGPs.

But at the login page of the first copy of TP when I tried this, I got just the top banner and nothing else on the page.  MY ASSUMPTION: theres a file or two that I will have to edit in each of those copied TP folders to make it work.
(This is Version 1.0.9 build 44)

SO can we trade some emails on this topic if you know what needs to happen in my plan to make it successful. Please? I really doont want to go through the WHOLE install and ftp process 17 times....

Offline ip0li

• mgSearkGD
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Girls from your city for night
It is really easiest to simply do regular installs, copying and modifying paths etc will be much harder.

Regarding permissions, TP needs those permissions with reason, database files must be writable!

Offline H

• View Profile
It is really easiest to simply do regular installs, copying and modifying paths etc will be much harder.
doing the install part is easy. that isnt the part thats a pain

Regarding permissions, TP needs those permissions with reason, database files must be writable!
THIS is the part thats a pain....unfortunately in 2012 HOSTING COMPANIES have changed how php files are allowed to operate. at least for those of us in shared hosting, that is the case.  SO I have NO CHOICE but to change the 777 permissions your script has set. But you already know all that ipOli.

maybe you can list for me here the minimum list of what files or directories absoutely must remain at 777 or 775 or 666 - then maybe I can cut down my ftp time??

Offline ip0li

• mgSearkGD
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Why U dont go with crohoster.info for example? They have experience with adult sites and they allow those permissions. Their prices are more then good :)

Offline H

• View Profile
Why U dont go with crohoster.info for example? They have experience with adult sites and they allow those permissions. Their prices are more then good :)
thats your answer to my question?

Offline ip0li

• mgSearkGD
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
No, that is suggestion what I would do on your place.

For info about what directories, files etc must remain ask killdozer, but do you understand tp has couple hundred files and if we forget just 1, your TP wont work.

So to keep it simple, move to decent host.

Offline H

• View Profile
so to summerize, the answer to my inquiry is.............no, there is not.moving hosts isnt an option for me as I have other scripts that are now tuned and tweaked to run correctly....

Offline Kildoozer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hello.
all files/dirs inside tp/data must be writable for 'apache' (web) user.
All *.php files must be at least 644 for script's work or 755 to be able to update via admin area.

Offline H

• View Profile
thanks Dozer - I can use that info to minimize my time spent resetting the permissions from 777.

Offline Marko

• View Profile
maybe you can list for me here the minimum list of what files or directories absoutely must remain at 777 or 775 or 666 - then maybe I can cut down my ftp time??

Easiest way to find out this is to lock your TP install and see which files / dirs have 777 permissions.

Offline ip0li

• mgSearkGD
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Good idea Marko, I didn't remember this myself :)