Author Topic: FORBIDDEN You don't have permission to access mass.php  (Read 11368 times)

Offline H

• View Profile
FORBIDDEN You don't have permission to access mass.php
« on: April 10, 2012, 05:50:34 AM »
I cant delete trades.  >:( You don't have permission to access mass.php is the error.

please note: removing suPHP is not a solution I can implement - so please give a solution that does not require that.

thanks
H

Offline ip0li

• mgSearkGD
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Girls from your city for night
Re: FORBIDDEN You don't have permission to access mass.php
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 06:53:25 AM »
Try to chmod file 644 or ask your host, this is permission related setting!

Offline H

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 06:59:03 AM »
it was at 644. I tried 755 and same error - no different. The hosts support person thinks it might be a script designed response rather than from the server.

in any case its not permissions - that was 644.
so, why would mass.php tell me its forbidden??

FYI - -we are running suPHP - SAFEMODE has to be left off - cant chmod user/group to apache, it has to remain as my account name .

Offline ip0li

• mgSearkGD
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Girls from your city for night
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 07:37:22 AM »
email me ftp and tp access info to info@scriptpulse.com together with link to this thread, thnx.

Offline H

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 08:42:03 AM »
email sent

Offline H

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 07:54:00 AM »
So how is this going?

Offline Marko

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 02:54:28 AM »
644 is in fact the maximum permitted permission for PHP files under default suPHP configuration... if mass.php is in its own folder, could be that folder permissions are disabled or direct access is blocked by htaccess rule

Offline H

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 06:58:55 AM »
Once again, its my Hosting Supports Level 1 techs who are at fault.................I really hate idiots who are allowed to wear IT caps............anyway The culprit was a "new security messure" against php pages misbehaving - mass.php triggered a false positive and was flagged as dangerous and thats why my permission to execute it was forbidden. One of the more savvy techs at my hosting told me that.

where the tech support level 1 comes into play is I ASKED tech support first before coming here what the trouble was. and instead of going to find someone who could answer the question - the level one tech on duty replied back to me it was my script because everything else looked normal..... >:(

so if you find yourself in a mystery where the permissions are 644 on the script and 755 on the dir and it still gets a server permissions type of error - ask your support if "new security messures" might have flaged your php script as falsely dangerous.......................