Author Topic: SEO addition  (Read 17376 times)

Offline kendrick

• View Profile
SEO addition
« on: January 07, 2012, 12:48:00 PM »
you know it is good for sites to maintain alot of small trades just for the SE benefit from the toplist

simple feature
the script checks html body for a link back and reports it in the layout

more advanced
script force traffic to maintain position in the toplist, user can set min - max traffic force, force disabled once site appears on toplist

also about the daily force option, info ? still says its coming soon.. is it already the daily force amount /24 ? so if i put a daily force of 240, script will send 10 hits each hour ?

Offline ip0li

• miSearkXD
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Premier Сasual Dating Real-life Girls
Re: SEO addition
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 03:25:26 PM »
Yes i know it is, but it would mess up entire algo of tp etc.-...basically its really not needed, if U wanna link script install links organizer.

Daily force is there and it delivers what U set over 24hrs period, so if I set daily force to 24 it will deliver around 1 hit each hour.

Offline kendrick

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 04:57:56 PM »
it is true that it 'can' mess up the entire tp algo, i was only thinking of a big site setting aside 'some hits' for linkback purpose. if i am sending out 10k daily to traders, i think its ok to skim 50 hits to the seo department

hmm, how about just the link checking thing, will still be useful to know which traders have a linkback and which dont.  i really dont mind sending 5 hits to a small site just to keep the trade alive, even some big sites with a big toplist just need afew hits a day to maintain the linkback, and its impossible to use LO to send hits

btw good to know daily force already works like that
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 05:03:11 PM by kendrick »

Offline ip0li

• miSearkXD
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Premier Сasual Dating Real-life Girls
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 04:59:19 PM »
I again repeat, this is doable, but it uses extra resources etc. Really U are only one who said it so far, so if not an issue please use some script made for that. We now have tons of features so its time to remove whats not needed and improve whats needed :)

Offline allniche

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 07:05:25 PM »
kendrick in the mean time you might be able to use the `shell command` trick/hack in the custom algo to make a shell call to execute a special program to check for this.  It would be a big hack, pretty messy, and would take a lot of creativity but it could be done as far as I see.

In general just make the script report back status codes which the algo would then read and act upon.  On a large site you can pretty much expect it to run every minute.  You would probably want to include some code so that your bot would only run say twice an hour and you would definitely not want it to block.  And if something went wrong with it, you would want the algo to still be able to continue on gracefully.

So sample return status codes:

-3 = fatal error
-2 = queued, no data yet
-1 = transient error/timeout
0 = does not appear on site, no error
# = toplist position (If you wanted to go this far - would likely mean coding a handler for each site but it appears the TP algo has a variable for the domain name which you could pass to your bot)

And then your algo would act on these return codes. :)

Offline kendrick

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 11:36:31 PM »
allniche...thxs for writing this post ! but i have no idea how to do something like that  :D

i still think it is a good feature to add, link trading between tgps is different because it depends on sending enough traffic to appear on the toplist. so far i don't know of any scripts that do this

and ipoli...i know what u mean...nobody expects their tradescript to 'help' with seo.....oh well, im just passing a suggestion haha

Offline allniche

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2012, 03:47:35 PM »
allniche...thxs for writing this post ! but i have no idea how to do something like that  :D

lol, yeah it would be pretty hackish.  If you want someone would probably do it for you for a modest sum (or offer it to the TP Team and they might just incorporate it as a legit feature maybe? ;) )  I could probably do it for about $30 with just basic functionality where it knows whether or not your site appears and that's it (no position number since I think that would have to be done site by site in most cases).  Should just take no more than 3 days.  That would mostly cover debugging and testing because that would be the PITA part since you wouldn't want it to have bugs which could screw up your site or algo since it would be dangerous if it did.

Or if I get bored and feel up to it I might just try it anyway sometime.  If I do I will share the code for free here. :)