Author Topic: IMPORTANT: Amazon messed up our files - you MUST DO MANUAL TP UPDATE ASAP!  (Read 24059 times)

Offline ip0li

• miSearkXD
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Premier Сasual Dating Real-life Girls
First of all: Your site is not affected except U updated in last 12 hrs!!! But U still need to do MANUAL update to next build otherwise you will be affected! If U updated in last 12 hrs then you can get unofficial updates(not ours)! YOU MUST DO THIS UPDATE SINCE NO FUTURE UPDATES WILL WORK!!! Please read entire post.

This morning phone ringed, I woke up and it was kildoozer. We had major problem and we still have it!

Amazon somehow managed to screw up our account and now instead of "bucket-folder which is actually url for ScriptPulse update files" belongs to SOMEONE ELSE!

I've spent entire day on telephone(over 300$ of phone bill) with their "support", 2 hours I was on 2 phones in same time. After 500 checks of our account, repetitive spelling of username, verification of all possible data, explaining how we have many clients who can be affected by this their support told me: "We can not do anything about it, bucket is not in your account - it will take weeks till U get it back."

I gave them all info, I shown them our script, explained them how system works, told them billing info, username, passwords, spoken with 15 people over there. It was just forward/forward till finally they told me it can't be solved. I am writing this intro to tell you how disappointed I am with amazon s3 hosting, how they could solve this in 1 minute, they can see all in front of them and they simply DON'T care. This was my lesson obviously, and probably it will hurt our business a lot - but I learned one thing -> never host where U can't control it. PERIOD!

I don't understand what we done wrong but last 2 months it is nightmare for us. First we had issue with our hoster, then amazon services messed files on 1.1.2012. and then today again we lost url. Fuckin incredible. I was so happy yesterday after I saw new algo we are preparing for some time now. I was so happy yesterday to se first screenshots of TP2 go live. I was so sad today I can't do SHIT because they DON'T CARE!

Anyway, solution is simple. Now we will host update files on MANY servers and if something wrong it cant be wrong on ALL of them. Since servers are ours we can change what is broken easily.

All users must update ASAP their scripts doing following:
1) Download this file
http://www.scriptpulse.com/tpupdater.zip
2) Extract and upload file to "tp" folder
3) Run updater in your script or run file directly calling url http://www.yoursite.com/tp/tpupdater.php

That would be all, I know it's pain in the ass to do this manually, but this is only time we asked you to do something manually. After all we brought web update to Trade Scripts :).

New installations are not affected since new installer from new location is already out.

If there are any issues U can contact info@scriptpulse.com(me) or kildoozer@scriptpulse.com(kildoozer). If U are too lazy we will even do update for you just send us ftp and tp logins.

I really hope guys U understand this is not our fault, we did our best. Sometimes simply it's not all in our hands. Lesson learned, we continue to improve and looking forward to TP2 release ASAP(it will be free to update).

Comments, suggestions?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 09:41:39 AM by ip0li »

Offline ideaworx

• View Profile
    • AdultXL
fuck

Offline ip0li

• miSearkXD
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
HUGE fuck, NEVER, EVER use their services!

Offline freetradescript

• View Profile
If you can't get it back, it means they are fucking you bigtime and are probably involved in the scam itself !

Hope you get this resolved.

I had a bunch of new projects on the way and i wanted to use this trade script. Can I (new installations) or i should wait ?

Thanks

Offline Kildoozer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Just got an email from them, they granted access to the files for us. Anyway we'are going to move away from such kind of support and way they use for file accessing.
Once again - please update your scripts, but now without any rush.

Offline Shoplifter

• View Profile
It would be nice if you could do one last update via Amazon so we don't have to try to update all of our TP installs by hand.

Is this possible?

Offline fish

• View Profile
just wanted to know so i could take the necessary steps, are those with 1.0.6 build 35 affected by this?

Offline ideaworx

• View Profile
    • AdultXL
It would be nice if you could do one last update via Amazon so we don't have to try to update all of our TP installs by hand.

Is this possible?

Yeah, this HAS to be done, asap.

Offline Chris

• View Profile
The only reason that keeps me using TP after all those redirects and hacks and shit is the support.
I mean i had my templates edited for use with another script but i said i should wait since TP's support is excellent and Ipoli and Kildoozer are actually doing efforts to fix any exploits.
Another thing is that i didnt like the fact that Aheib used a public forum to "inform" Ipoli (along with every hacker out there) that TP had security issues. In my opinion thats when TP started having issues. Issues that have to do with PHP itself mostly.
So for the time being i will hold on to TP as long as Kildoozer and Ipoli are doing their best to patch things up.
By the way any chance of having it translated to C++?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 02:59:07 AM by Chris »

Offline Shoplifter

• View Profile

Is this possible?

Yeah, this HAS to be done, asap.

Yes it has to be. Bumping this.

Offline ip0li

• miSearkXD
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: IMPORTANT: Amazon messed up our files - you MUST DO MANUAL TP UPDATE ASAP!
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2012, 02:07:09 AM »
Regular update fixed, we tested on over 10 sites and it works fine. Feel free to do regular update on clicking update available or settings/updater.

Cheers

Offline freetradescript

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2012, 07:53:30 AM »
Ok i just installed 2 days ago your script on one of my site.
I see now as update:
Version 1.0.8 build 42

Am i ok ?

Offline ip0li

• miSearkXD
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2012, 10:03:18 AM »
Yes U are ok, do  update!

Offline ideaworx

• View Profile
    • AdultXL
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2012, 10:13:36 AM »
How soon for this new version with new Algo to be released?

Offline Shawn

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2012, 11:35:22 AM »
Just did the manual update and now I get Updates not available currently (error code: 2)