Poll

IS IT FINE WITH YOU THAT INSTEAD OF CURRENT 1% - WE SKIM 2% ON FREE VERSIONS OF TRADE PULSE?

YES
10 (55.6%)
NO
8 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: ScriptPulse needs your help: SUPPORT US with 2% of clicks!  (Read 16956 times)

Offline ip0li

• miSearkXD
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Premier Сasual Dating Real-life Girls
ScriptPulse needs your help: SUPPORT US with 2% of clicks!
« on: October 26, 2011, 05:55:07 AM »
Dear friend(client)'s, our request here is both reasonable:

IS IT FINE WITH YOU THAT INSTEAD OF CURRENT 1% - WE SKIM 2% ON FREE VERSIONS OF TRADE PULSE?

WHY?

Clean profit from 1% which we currently skim for free versions wen't down to around 50% of what was before and is not even close what we deserve for our work.

WHAT DO U GET?

If we adjust skim on free versions to 2% you will NOT notice it in sales/revenue and we will:

- have MUCH more time and motivation for future development of script, functions, optimizations of code, security and interface design development

- have MUCH more time in general on daily basis to support our clients and work/invent new features

- get adequate payment for our work

- keep free versions FULLY FEATURED with ALL ADVANCED features you and your site needs (and you know there is TONS of them)

- keep PAID versions at 100$ recession price

We really hope that you will support us like we supported our clients with answers, solutions, free feed traffic, TOP PRODUCT, innovations, ideas, speed and reliability for years (not to mention that we were only script to cut down prices more then 50% when ADULT web masters had HARDEST time over recession + prices are still LOWERED).

No matter if you support us or not, Trade Pulse will continue to grow and will STAY market leader in features/possibilities/ease of use and installation. After all we are all part of ScriptPulse family.

Thank you for reading this and we hope you will give us your support.

Best wishes, Kildoozer & ipolic

Offline allniche

• View Profile
Re: ScriptPulse needs your help: SUPPORT US with 2% of clicks!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 06:31:53 AM »
It's understandable.  The only thing is if your earnings are going down 50% on those clicks you can probably guess what is happening to your webmaster's earnings as well.  So it's squeezing us a little too.  But then again 2% on 1,000 clicks is just 20 clicks.  10 more clicks per 1000 clicks.  That's not really a lot considering what Trade Pulse offers above most others.

I have no problem as long as all the little bugs and minor problems get fixed.  Trade Pulse honestly is the most configurable script out there so it would still be a bargain to me.  I know for instance if that $P1 issue on the toplists gets solved I should be able to grow the average site 10%+ more so an extra 1% is nothing to me.  So I'll vote yes with that being said.

Offline allniche

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 11:07:12 AM »
Also I think you guys should consider giving out a list of your sites in different niches and just ask people to link to them as a way to show appreciation.  I'm more hesitant to put a link to Trade Pulse on my main page because I'm afraid it might look spammy to Google but if you have a bunch of other sites meant for surfers I wouldn't mind putting up my own link to them or adding a spot someone where on my toplists.  Clicked traffic often converts better than the skimmed traffic anyway.  Just an idea.  :)

Offline bracey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 05:40:36 AM »
2% is retarded.

It will have a negative impact on all sites running the script and they will lose traffic. So then you'll need 3% then 5% and on and on because the amount of money people get/pay for skimmed traffic will just go down and down because it's shit traffic and they make less and less money them self off it.

I honestly think you should make the skim 5-15% to motivate people to buy it and you should drop the free version and charge $50 per no skim copy.

How long will it take you to get $50 from skimming 1 or 2 percent of traffic from a site that gets 1000 hits a day? And let's be honest, there must be way more small sites running your free script then big ones.

Let's be really optimistic here with a 1k site at 300 prod. It gets 3000 clicks a day. You take X% of the 3000 and are going to get $3 per k so $0.003 per click.

And feel free to double check this because I'm still on my 1st cup of coffee.

At 1% you get 30 clicks daily for $0.09 and it takes 555 days to get $50

At 2% you get 60 clicks daily for $0.18 and it takes 277 dayes to get $50

At 5% you get 150 clicks daily for $0.45 and it takes 111 days to get $50

How much money do you think you'll still be getting per k in 555 days? Do you even get $3/k now?

And since you charge $100 now you can double the days on all those. So what incentive do people have to get paid versions? Honestly, I don't see how you're making any money from this at all.

You've designed a system that caters to people who don't know what they're doing yet, who don't have any traffic and they don't want to invest any money into their own businesses because they don't know how to make any money in the first place.

So either lower the price and you'll sell a lot more copies, or keep it the same price, but just GET RID OF THE FREE VERSION and all the noncommittal it brings with it.

How much did TGP brownie used to cost again...

Offline bbhrucy79

• View Profile
    • Pussy in Style
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 08:45:14 AM »
2% is ok, it's far from 'retarded'. Most other free trade scripts take like 1.5% so 2% is ok, especially as TP is above average in customization.

@bracey

Imho if you cannot grow traffic and think that sites will 'lose traffic' just because of that 1% extra taken away I suggest you have a look at your sites. Not wanting to criticize but man, you put zero effort into design and zero effort into layout, zero effort into top lists ... and you are worried that that 1% will bring down the revenue and traffic of your sites.

Hint: the problem is not in the trade script.

;)

Offline bracey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 10:52:35 AM »
2% is ok, it's far from 'retarded'. Most other free trade scripts take like 1.5% so 2% is ok, especially as TP is above average in customization.

@bracey

Imho if you cannot grow traffic and think that sites will 'lose traffic' just because of that 1% extra taken away I suggest you have a look at your sites. Not wanting to criticize but man, you put zero effort into design and zero effort into layout, zero effort into top lists ... and you are worried that that 1% will bring down the revenue and traffic of your sites.

Hint: the problem is not in the trade script.

;)

you have no idea what you're talking about

my history with you is that you trade with known hitbotters, i messaged you on icq to let you know, you told me i'm wrong then felt the need to start giving me unsolicited advice. kinda like right now.

thanks, but this is my living for over two years now, is it yours? no, i don't think it is

i don't feel the need to explain myself to jackasses like you, why do you feel the need to share your ignorance with me?

how are those hitbots converting?

do you have any paid copies of Trade pulse? i doubt it. but you sure take up a lot of the support time here. they're probably recouping that through the skim on your free scripts. oh, wait they're not because you probably don't have enough traffic to make that work.

ip0li this is exactly what I'm talking about. Make it a paid only script. You'll have more money, less support to do and the customers will get better support when they need it.

Offline bbhrucy79

• View Profile
    • Pussy in Style
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 11:56:44 PM »
''my history with you is that you trade with known hitbotters, i messaged you on icq to let you know, you told me i'm wrong then felt the need to start giving me unsolicited advice. kinda like right now. ''

1st of all, I did not tell you you were wrong, I asked you to explain me what is wrong with those domains - which you were unable to do so.

You boasted there as well that you have been doing this for years and you have a full time income from this, etc... fine. If so, how come you could not even briefly explain what cheater sites do? How come the layout of your sites is so poor?

Your sites look like the homeworks of elementary school students on their 1st lesson on 'plain html' - not regarding the content naturally.

To give you a hint of constructive advice - your choice if you want to use it or not: You should place nice top lists close to the top of your sites.

Fortunately thou I got PM from other webmasters about those cheating sites as well and now those are blocked on all my sites.

I appreciate you contact me about those trades, however you looked like you have no idea WHY those are cheating sites other than you read it on a forum. You certainly were unable to say even a word of constructive advice.

Anyway, this discussion is not for this support forum.

And yes, the support forum is for support and you can see that often users contact support not only when they run into difficulties but when they are curious about some features and want to find out more.

;)

ah, back to the original discussion, TP is good even with 2% skim

Offline Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2011, 04:07:45 AM »
@bracey

Nice to see what your definition of "a productive comment" is....

Offline oil

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2011, 09:40:28 PM »
2% is totally okay,
when you check what TP offers you,
and seriously when you run a bigger site you should switch to a payed TP anyways, if you cant afford the 100 bucks for you should not use TP at all

Offline SPEEDNIC

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 03:30:11 AM »
> posted by bracey
> At 1% you get 30 clicks daily for $0.09 and it takes 555 days to get $50

we don't know how much FREE versions are still used but there are a lot and make a multiple of the clicks I don't guess they need more than a half day to get $50 ;) based on this we will speak about $3000 each month or more - I'm wrong ?? How much will earning a programmer for a work of one of these scripts ? I don't think that he will get more than 1 month earnings todo it even ScriptPulse is based on old script with some modify.

ScriptPulse works well but other free ones will do it too. So why webmasters need to support someone to get much higher earnings as we don't will have it anyway. Maybe other marketing/sales line would be better to increase your earnings and don't let other working for you.

Maybe if ScriptPulse will release each week an update, new features or anything else it would be good to know that anyone will work hard for it but if we see the update history between each new build there is a lot of time but with low changing.

Offline ip0li

• miSearkXD
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 03:47:54 AM »
Hi, to answer some of your questions:

We don't just work on NEW features, we work on improving existing code, increasing security, making script faster, support clients here on forum + icq + mail.

Regarding new features we have some ideas for future. At the moment is there ANY feature we miss that will not do overload on server or over bloat our script with unused features? If you know some or anyone else we will do it ofcourse, what the heck we maybe even skipped some from feature requests after all we are not robots.

I am also interested which trade script has more features then we do? Can you please name it?

Regarding updates, again, which script is more updated?

Anyway thnx for critic, if you feel so bad that we take 2% msg me and we will make custom install which takes 1%.

Cheers

> posted by bracey
> At 1% you get 30 clicks daily for $0.09 and it takes 555 days to get $50

we don't know how much FREE versions are still used but there are a lot and make a multiple of the clicks I don't guess they need more than a half day to get $50 ;) based on this we will speak about $3000 each month or more - I'm wrong ?? How much will earning a programmer for a work of one of these scripts ? I don't think that he will get more than 1 month earnings todo it even ScriptPulse is based on old script with some modify.

ScriptPulse works well but other free ones will do it too. So why webmasters need to support someone to get much higher earnings as we don't will have it anyway. Maybe other marketing/sales line would be better to increase your earnings and don't let other working for you.

Maybe if ScriptPulse will release each week an update, new features or anything else it would be good to know that anyone will work hard for it but if we see the update history between each new build there is a lot of time but with low changing.

Offline SPEEDNIC

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2011, 05:16:38 AM »
Regarding new features we have some ideas for future. At the moment is there ANY feature we miss that will not do overload on server or over bloat our script with unused features? If you know some or anyone else we will do it ofcourse, what the heck we maybe even skipped some from feature requests after all we are not robots.

Nobody is a robot but if there is only 1 programmer behind it is more difficult to increase the ideas and fixes even mostly it is not the only work the programmer will do. Feature : example Multiserver/Heartbeat

I am also interested which trade script has more features then we do? Can you please name it?

I haven't said more features but there are similar scripts with like the same features (some different) like as from smartCJ.com otherwise a lot of users don't need a lot of features but some features (as I know it from my side) often are missing - not only in ScriptPulse.

The sum of updates is the big point. An update with on stuff in my eyes isn't a recent update even it is only y "bug fix". Many scripts will do updates like aout each 3 month (as named above) but with a lot of stuff as shown in changelog. A high build number don't means there are a lot of updates - only that often there will be done a little bit to improve/fix the script.

Anyway thnx for critic, if you feel so bad that we take 2% msg me and we will make custom install which takes 1%.

The critic was more about the "paid model" as the whole branch is still a little bit in crisis and the sales are lower as a year before. So it is much harder to earn money even the user will sell the traffic on his own account like through "feeds".

Otherwise I don't know any script which will count 2% on that business. Some scripts - as I told before as many features are not important - are much cheaper in paid version. Still I will use older "free" versions which have the 1% and at the moment I guess I don't do an upgrade as still we don't support php 5.3 in fact of a lot of errors and in fact of this IonCube isn't important right now.

Why you don't - even you want to produce a good script - make a different paid-model to make difference to the business as this is the idea of the script ?? like this :

paid v1 (with all features) :   $250 ...
paid v2 (without network feature) : $150 ...
paid v3 (maybe some features less) : $100 ...
free v1 (1% skim) : $50 ...
free v2 (2% skim) : free

bye

Offline ip0li

• miSearkXD
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 05:51:01 AM »
1) There is not 1 programmer only. This script is too big for 1 programmer to handle all.

2) heartbeat/multiserver what for? Also it's not smart idea with FLAT files and we use FLAT files as DB.

3) Please tell me name of script which is updated with more features as I already asked, U said we do many small updates and yeah it's true - but please show me script with more updates so like they added more then we did in X period of time.

4) About paid models we give 100% features on free script, and we give NICE discounts (1st script 250$, third and after 100$)+ we do bulk discounts so I really don't see point in complicating it further.

Now what is funniest to me, I checked your sites running on TP, they all show mysql errors(mysql server down), so either abandoned or server down. So all people are OK with 2%, they even supported us to do it, but you, you are not, and you want XY new features which U will never use.

I you have any smart suggestion we are open for improvements othervise don't waste our time which is precious for support of other clients.

If you wanna continue discussion msg me over icq. This forum is for SUPPORT.

Cheers.

Nobody is a robot but if there is only 1 programmer behind it is more difficult to increase the ideas and fixes even mostly it is not the only work the programmer will do. Feature : example Multiserver/Heartbeat

I haven't said more features but there are similar scripts with like the same features (some different) like as from smartCJ.com otherwise a lot of users don't need a lot of features but some features (as I know it from my side) often are missing - not only in ScriptPulse.

The sum of updates is the big point. An update with on stuff in my eyes isn't a recent update even it is only y "bug fix". Many scripts will do updates like aout each 3 month (as named above) but with a lot of stuff as shown in changelog. A high build number don't means there are a lot of updates - only that often there will be done a little bit to improve/fix the script.

The critic was more about the "paid model" as the whole branch is still a little bit in crisis and the sales are lower as a year before. So it is much harder to earn money even the user will sell the traffic on his own account like through "feeds".

Otherwise I don't know any script which will count 2% on that business. Some scripts - as I told before as many features are not important - are much cheaper in paid version. Still I will use older "free" versions which have the 1% and at the moment I guess I don't do an upgrade as still we don't support php 5.3 in fact of a lot of errors and in fact of this IonCube isn't important right now.

Why you don't - even you want to produce a good script - make a different paid-model to make difference to the business as this is the idea of the script ?? like this :

paid v1 (with all features) :   $250 ...
paid v2 (without network feature) : $150 ...
paid v3 (maybe some features less) : $100 ...
free v1 (1% skim) : $50 ...
free v2 (2% skim) : free

bye

Offline bbhrucy79

• View Profile
    • Pussy in Style
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2011, 03:42:43 AM »
lol, true

plus why would you want update after update if all is working fine ?

there are some people who are never happy, no matter what, and they blame the trade script.

the trade script can only do that much.

the trade script will not surf the web to find good match trades for you

the trade script wont design a good looking site for you

maybe if your traffic sucks, look 1st into the 1st things in the 'pipeline' , like your sites design, content, speed, and especially your rotator script, and your site layout. Did you put any brainpower into designing your pages layout?

I am laughing my head off sometimes, people are crying and blaming TP and when I check their sites, they do not even have top lists there,

hahaha

some people need to learn the basics before they criticize

Offline oil

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2011, 12:59:02 PM »
i really dont get whats going on with you guys

a skim of 2% is fair, ST has 2% as well, not cause its a good script, cause its the market leader and cause its best to grow a site
same applies for TP (besides the really annoying hacks all of the time) its still the best script on the market, and easiest for growing traffic
so if you are a cheap ass and expect to have the best technology, the best ideas for literally nothing, then go get another script

i am into this since long long time,
i worked with UCJ, RB4 and those scripts had when it comes to features, prolly 2% of what TP has those days, and thats not even 10 years ago

and lets face it, before TP went out there was - NO SCRIPT AT ALL - offering those sweet feat. the TP guys listed to what the people wanted and implemented 
everything which sounded logic, basically the success of TP was the ignorance of most other script programmers not implementing what people where asking for
.. ipoli knows the shit from the scratch so he s a webmaster / traffic trader like you and not a programmer so he knew what a script should have, most other script programmers where just programmers not understanding the needs of webmasters and not respecting them after all, they had only what they thought might be good, but they never viewed things from our view

so REALLY if you dont want to spend, and support the developers with 100 USD and not give 2% of your traffic then

GO FUCK YOURSELF
and i really dont like that place either
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 10:10:26 PM by oil »