Author Topic: how did you set dynamic-skim?  (Read 14198 times)

Offline Sven

• View Profile
how did you set dynamic-skim?
« on: July 04, 2011, 08:43:38 AM »
Hi,

could you please tell her that skim-scheme so have?

Greets

Offline bbhrucy79

• View Profile
    • Pussy in Style
Re: how did you set dynamic-skim?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 12:42:17 PM »
I would not worry about setting up dynamic skim until the guys sort out that robot traffic can be excluded from stats...for now robot traffic stats are mixing with human traffic stats making dynamic skim completely useless.

Offline ip0li

• mgSearkGD
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Girls from your city for night
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 12:31:09 AM »
http://scriptpulse.com/tp/manual/skim-schemes.php

check under Dynamic Skim Schemes

Regarding our problem with spider traffic, you can use it anyway, just base SKIM around RETURN to trades, after all skim schemes are best to do based on RETURN rule.

Offline Sven

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 04:44:50 AM »
skim okay?

Offline bbhrucy79

• View Profile
    • Pussy in Style
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 10:43:07 AM »
whoa  ;D that's some very complex dynamic skim scheme. But its all wrong.

Newbie mistake, agonizing over skim schemes ...

Trust me, what you have to do is focus a lot on top lists!
It is top lists that drive the growth of your site, not fancy skim schemes.

I have skim scheme static 60%. Never messed with it.

Your dynamic skim is completely flunked up. It should be the other way round:

rule priority:3 $TradeHout/$TradeHin < 1.25 then use skim: 45% for 5 minutes
rule priority:2 $TradeHout/$TradeHin >= 1.25 then use skim: 65%    for 5 minutes

so if return is less than 125% then 'unfriendly' skim of 45% is used for 5 min,
if return is or above 125% then 'friendly' skim of 65% is used for 5 minutes (so you send better quality traffic)

theoritically...

in practice, because robot hits are also counted, after a bot rush such dynamic skim would switch to friendly one (when actually you are not delivering more traffic to your trades then you get) and drive your site to the ground .... I experienced it.

@ip0li, unfortunately trade return stats IS also influenced by the bots.  Sometimes I see 200% return to my trades and I am like: whoa, but then I check and of course its bots. And yes, it would switch dynamic skim to friendly - in our example 65% - when your site is not actually delivering at or over 125%. I am talking from experience. Therefore I don't use dynamic.

hth

Offline Sven

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 12:20:26 AM »
Thank you for your detailed answer. The problem with the bots would be too static to skim?

Offline bbhrucy79

• View Profile
    • Pussy in Style
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 04:03:28 AM »
no. static skim is not influenced by any variables. that's why it's static. 

Offline Sven

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 04:27:06 AM »
in use but is always empty?

script url okay?

/tp/out.php?link=gal&url=#url#

or

/tp/out.php?p=#skim#&url=#url#

???
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 06:59:49 AM by Sven »

Offline bbhrucy79

• View Profile
    • Pussy in Style
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2011, 07:01:04 AM »
I think you need help:

check this:

http://www.adult-website-creation.info

hth

Offline Sven

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2011, 07:09:52 AM »
Just want to understand nothing wrong  :)

Offline allniche

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2011, 04:55:55 PM »

theoritically...

in practice, because robot hits are also counted, after a bot rush such dynamic skim would switch to friendly one (when actually you are not delivering more traffic to your trades then you get) and drive your site to the ground .... I experienced it.

@ip0li, unfortunately trade return stats IS also influenced by the bots.  Sometimes I see 200% return to my trades and I am like: whoa, but then I check and of course its bots. And yes, it would switch dynamic skim to friendly - in our example 65% - when your site is not actually delivering at or over 125%. I am talking from experience. Therefore I don't use dynamic.

But you can set most bot traffic (No cookie, no ref, fast click, etc) so that it goes to galleries instead of trades (you can even have it filter toplist clicks, I believe). So if you get a bot hit and use the return variables, it shouldn't really affect it in that way because all those hits will go to galleries and not trades.  OTOH, if a trade sends you a bunch of bot hits then yes it might trigger your "rough" Dynamic skim scheme.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 05:28:12 PM by allniche »

Offline allniche

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2011, 05:13:41 PM »
If it helps I've been using this for a while on one of my sites:

Above 225% Daily trade return it turns into a no skim site , etc.  There is one rule strategically placed (using the weights) so it is only invoked if Daily Trade Return is under 175% AND Hourly Trade Return is under 50%....in this case it goes to an Emergency skim of 33% cycled for 5 minutes.  Also if Daily Trade Return is ever under 50% it will stop sending first click to Gallery and will go to a straight 50% cycled skim for 1 hour (60 duration).  Note under "Rule priority: 21" where it shows that particular rule has been in effect for 2h 47m.  That helps show you what is going on.

I'm not saying you should use this or that it is the best but it should give you some ideas. :)

Offline bbhrucy79

• View Profile
    • Pussy in Style
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2011, 02:45:06 AM »

theoritically...

@ip0li, unfortunately trade return stats IS also influenced by the bots.  Sometimes I see 200% return to my trades and I am like: whoa, but then I check and of course its bots. And yes, it would switch dynamic skim to friendly - in our example 65% - when your site is not actually delivering at or over 125%. I am talking from experience. Therefore I don't use dynamic.

But you can set most bot traffic (No cookie, no ref, fast click, etc) so that it goes to galleries instead of trades (you can even have it filter toplist clicks, I believe). So if you get a bot hit and use the return variables, it shouldn't really affect it in that way because all those hits will go to galleries and not trades.  OTOH, if a trade sends you a bunch of bot hits then yes it might trigger your "rough" Dynamic skim scheme.

Unfortunately, even if I set that bot traffic should always go to gallery, this is not what happens. I am still pouring bot traffic to my trades, often huge amounts. I have set specialized out settings that bots should go always to gallery as well as a skim scheme for this sort of traffic that also should send 100% to content but in practice it is not happening.

Your dynamic skim looks great. Thank you for sharing. Always something new to learn.

Does, in your opinion 1st click to galleries really improve things? My experience, traffic started to fall when I used that.

Offline allniche

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2011, 09:18:12 AM »
bhrucy79, are you sure the bot hits that look to still be getting sent to your trades aren't clicks from the toplist?  I thought that too and even made a post here until I figured out that they were actually toplist clicks.  Since I had "Do not filter clicks from toplist " in settings->out checked, they always went to trades.  I've never been brave enough to uncheck that option, but I believe if you do it should solve what you are seeing?