Author Topic: network stats disappear when changing password or clearing cookies  (Read 10065 times)

Offline Andrew

• View Profile
Earlier this month I changed my TP login password for all my TP sites.  I have 30 something sites and I changed the password on all of them.  I noticed two undesirable knock on effects from this.  One was just a bit annoying the other is a real problem.  

I'm using Firefox 3.6 with TP build 22 (I'm still on build 22 because later builds have net stats display problems)

First, no matter what I seem to do I cannot seem to get my cookies to consistently keep me logged in to all my sites.  After each password change I re-logged in to my site stats ticking 'remember me'.  But for about half of my sites it just simply refused (and still refuses) to remember me.  This was a bit annoying but I'm living with it for now.

Second, and moe important, I use one of my sites as my main network stats centre and when I re-logged in to that site, my network stats and network manager were empty.  With no way to bulk enter network site details I just knuckled down and retyped all 30 or so network entries.

I still had the login cookie issue so I eventually tried clearing my browser cache and cookies to try and get it to remember my logins.  To my horror, this resulted in my network stats and manager disappearing again.  

This time I did a bit of investigation.  I'm guessing that the (encrypted) ms_list file holds the list of network sites - interestingly this file was still quite large just after I cleared the cookies (but after I'd lost access to the network sites) but as soon as I started to re-add the sites it shrank and then grew as I added sites.  Let me guess - it's encrypted using either my password or a key stored in a cookie, yes??  Well, it looks like something can go horribly wrong when either the password is changed or cookies are cleared.

Needless to say I eventually just typed the whole lot in again - but could you please investigate and fix (or work around) this ASAP?  As an initial approach I've suggested adding a bulk load for network details in the new features section.

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 08:59:07 PM by Andrew »

Offline Kildoozer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: network stats disappear when changing password or clearing cookies
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 09:01:43 AM »
Build 27, the bug with network sites (empty list after pass changing) has been fixed.

Offline Andrew

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 03:33:15 AM »
Thanks for the update Kildoozer.

However, I'm still using build 22 for my network control because the stats problem (zero values for notrades, noref, bookmarks and SE) is still present in all later builds.  Attached is a capture from build 27 loaded as a test on one of my sites.  The highlighted zero values are all substantially non zero on the original sites' stats.

Offline Kildoozer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 10:02:54 AM »
Hi Andrew,
could you please contact me (kildoozer@scriptpulse.com) with access to this site?

Offline Andrew

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 03:31:02 AM »
Email sent to you Kildoozer - thanks