Author Topic: Thumb grabber rules per trade  (Read 14909 times)

Offline N van Rooden

• View Profile
Thumb grabber rules per trade
« on: April 23, 2011, 03:47:41 AM »
I would love to see thumbgrabber rules per trade !

For example optional EXACT thumb dimensions (source), so it will only grab thumbs with that size
-some sites have banners on top with no specific filenames to block
-some sites start with landscape movie thumbs and have picture thumbs on the bottom we want to use

Or the number of images to skip when a site starts with banners or thumbs you don't want to use, for example a site has 4 banners on top you tell the script to skip the first 4 images and use 5, 6 and 7 instead of 1,2, and 3

Offline N van Rooden

• View Profile
Re: Thumb grabber rules per trade
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 10:45:50 AM »
maybe optional regular expressions

or must include "value" in url for example "/st/thumbs/"

Offline N van Rooden

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 03:25:22 AM »
3 per trade values should be added for the perfect results:

Part of img url: Most sites run a script like smartthumbs, so its very easy to grab the right thumbs from sites like that just by forcing the script to grab the thumbs including "/st/thumbs/" in the image url, or just a part of that "thumb". this should be a per trade value and should be edited in the trade edit screen.
Default can be "thumb" or not filled out/not active

Img dimention lock: The thumb dimention check should also be used just for sites who use smartthumbs for the top banners too (no way you will see the difference in thumb url), here should the thumb dimentions also be a part of the filter, they also should be edited in the per trade settings, like only grab thumbs with size 146px x 190px for example (effective for www.innocentdream.com). Default not filled out, so not active.

First thumb to grab: Now we already have this feature on a global scale, when we want the 6th picture from a particular trade because the 1st 5 are banners we will have to deal with the fact that we will ist the 6th picture for all trades, this is wrong. this should just be a per trade value with a default set at 1.

Offline N van Rooden

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 09:28:09 AM »
I was really hping to see some progress on this mater because it also involves a bug.
Connecting this thread to http://forum.scriptpulse.com/index.php/topic,1167.0.html

Offline ip0li

• miSearkXD
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Premier Сasual Dating Real-life Girls
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 02:59:57 AM »
Hi nylos we will improve thumb grabber but your current ideas aren't so good, we must find better way to do it.

About other thread just emailed KD to repsond. cheers

Offline N van Rooden

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 07:21:39 AM »
My ideas are not so good ?
what about only dimention lock per trade in combination with # of thumb per trade.
This will give 100% perfect results, whats not so good about that ?

Maybe you didn't understand them the way I meant them.

I hope you will come up with a better idea (or at least as good as mine :-)) soon then, the current grabber fails for 25%

Thanks

Offline ip0li

• miSearkXD
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Premier Сasual Dating Real-life Girls
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 04:39:35 AM »
NO offense mate, just I am thinking how to do it all automatic and accurate, not all people can invest enough time in sites to adjust per each trade rules etc. I know what I speak trust me I am supporting all people with how, and why questions :).

So give us some time to think and any new ideas are more then welcome!