Author Topic: Strange occurance, NoCookie sent to trades as forces?  (Read 6797 times)

Offline allniche

• View Profile
Strange occurance, NoCookie sent to trades as forces?
« on: January 22, 2011, 10:25:42 AM »
I just noticed this on a brand new very low traffic site I set up (55 clicks / 24).  I have "No Cookie" traffic set to go to content Settings->Out (This was set over 24 hours ago).  Now I added a bunch of trades with way more forces than the script can possibly handle (Mostly my own sites so it doesn't matter and I'm going to be throwing more traffic at it soon).

... But I noticed TP still sent nocookie clicks to these trades within the last hour (as shown in t. clicks - out).  Why?  I'm just curious.  Does TP detect that it desperately needs to send out some forces and decides to send nocookie anyway to do it or is there a setting I'm missing somewhere?   This is the first time I've ever noticed it and TP appears to send out traffic correctly on my other sites.  Thanks for any explanation. I just like to know what's going on with things. :)

Offline allniche

• View Profile
Re: Strange occurance, NoCookie sent to trades as forces?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 11:54:36 AM »
Hmm. Actually in looking closer I see that it's still sending nocookie to trades (based on t. clicks) on other sites.  I presume I need to have the proper option selected in settings -> out AND create a noskim scheme and set nocookie traffic to it to get it work as want it (nocookie always going to content) or what do I miss ?

Offline allniche

• View Profile
Re: Strange occurance, NoCookie sent to trades as forces?
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 10:11:30 PM »
My mistake.  After looking deeper, they seem to be toplist clicks.  Makes sense now. ;D