Author Topic: How to confirm everything setup correctly  (Read 13472 times)

Offline Zora

• View Profile
How to confirm everything setup correctly
« on: July 15, 2010, 10:09:51 PM »
It would be an excellent facility to have a sort of self test function where the script could simulate some trades, check that all code on pages is entered correctly.

How can I confirm everything is installed and functioning as it should.

Offline ip0li

• mgSearkGD
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Girls from your city for night
Re: How to confirm everything setup correctly
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 11:23:06 PM »
1) In header of your site files like index etc you will see tp include code which looks something like this:
Code: [Select]
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
<!--
document.cookie='tp=MXwwfDEyNzkyNjQ5NTZ8MTI3OTI2NDk1NnwwO2Jvb2ttYXJr; expires=Sat, 17 Jul 2010 07:22:36 GMT; path=/;';
document.cookie='fav=1279264956; expires=Sat, 16 Jul 2011 07:22:36 GMT; path=/;';
//-->
</script>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
var d;
d = Math.floor(Math.random () * 10000);
document.write('<s' + 'cri' + 'pt language="JavaScript" src="/tp/filter.php?pro='+ d +'"></sc' + 'ript>');
</script>

2) TP Stats will update ins, outs, clicks and other parameters

Offline Zora

• View Profile
Re: TP click tracking with STXT
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 02:32:21 AM »
OK - I now have similar code appearing as you listed. ty.  :)

Quest 1: Should the tp/ssi_in.php include be present on all pages - e.g. index, category pages & gallery pages. Question is raised in this post as to whether all trade scripts can handle that: http://smart-scripts.com/members/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6131

Quest 2: In this post here http://smart-scripts.com/members/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7004, an example is given of the kind of prefix that needs to be added to thumbnails that you mention here: http://forum.scriptpulse.com/index.php/topic,878.0.html

Please can you clarify the exact code for TP that should go before the %url0% - for the example detailed in http://smart-scripts.com/members/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7004&highlight=php. There it is: s=100&l=new&u=  though you have suggested it is: /tp/out.php?url=  and elsewhere it is suggested to be:  /tp/out.php?p=60&url=#url#

Quest 3: Am trying to understanding the benefit of setting up all thumbs for click tracking this way (as opposed to running clicks through stxt.php script for click tracking inside stxt). With adding click tracking with TP, will STXT still be able to monitor popularity itself - and arrange vids in order.

Thanks.

Offline ip0li

• mgSearkGD
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 02:37:36 AM »
1) Ssi include is better to be on all pages since you can track incoming traffic on all pages then

2)
Code: [Select]
/tp/out.php?url= this code will do the trick then you can edit % to content in settings/skim schemes inside trade pulse admin

3) By default stp will track all clicks who go to it's urls, so benefit is you can trade traffic and track traffic and still get thumbs sorted.

Offline Zora

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 01:07:27 PM »
this is a copy of a post made on the stxt board. Am posting here as presumably you know the answers as well:

===
with reference to Goodwill's tradescript code example given below, for stxt thumbnails - presently, I have:

<a href="/stxt/stxt.php?id=%id%&p=%skim%&pp=%page_position%&pn=%page_number%&x=%md5_checksum%&u=%url_encoded%" target="_self">

For trade pulse - I've been explained the code is: /tp/out.php?url=   
so that would make it just:

<a href="/tp/out.php?url=" target="_self">

Quest 1: But what will that mean for stxt's ability to generate pages in order of popularity, etc (and/or other functionality derived from the other arguments passed in the default stxt thumbnail code).

How can I fully incorporate trade pulse but still keep all stxt functionality.

Quest 2: The only trade pulse code presently included on pages (which presumably monitors incoming clicks) is:

<?php virtual('/tp/ssi_in.php')?>

however, given that the existing default thumbnail code is as above - i.e:

<a href="/stxt/stxt.php?id=%id%&p=%skim%&pp=%page_position%&pn=%page_number%&x=%md5_checksum%&u=%url_encoded%" target="_self">

How come when I update the skim value in trade pulse, that it actually has an effect (when thumbnails clicked). Though this is correct, I don't see how this is happening given I don't have the trade pulse thumbnail code on the pages yet.

The only seeming coupling of stxt and trade pulse currently is via the Tradescript url setting in general settings of:

/tp/out.php?url=#url#

Further, with the existing thumbnail code and /tp/out.php?url=#url# setting in general settings, clicks out from thumbnails are already being recorded in trade pulse. What extra functionality will I gain by making the thumbnail code:

<a href="/tp/out.php?url=" target="_self">

Offline ip0li

• mgSearkGD
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 05:13:58 AM »
No offence but you need to ask STXT guys this since it's their CMS. All what is doable with TP is clearly written in manual so that is I hope clear for you. What you are asking me is something what is related to STXT and I am not creator of that script, so BEST is to ask THEM.

Once again, don't get me wrong I wanna help but you ask me STXT questions which I am not 100% familiar with.

Offline Zora

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 05:51:45 PM »
ip0li, no offence taken. Obviously you have your own definition of great support, though I would like to add, that I would be surprised if that didn't include simple and clear instructions about how to implement your script with a significant script/cms like stxt.

Offline ip0li

• mgSearkGD
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 02:56:13 AM »
The only seeming coupling of stxt and trade pulse currently is via the Tradescript url setting in general settings of:

/tp/out.php?url=#url#

This is only advice I can give from what I know about that CMS, use that ;)

Offline Zora

• View Profile
Re: stxt and tp linkage
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 03:15:42 PM »
For ref, the answer to the questions raised in this post (regarding linking stxt and tp) are now in the thread at: http://smart-scripts.com/members/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7004  :)