Author Topic: No_ref Traffic increase!  (Read 8305 times)

Offline Jonathan

• View Profile
No_ref Traffic increase!
« on: December 26, 2009, 02:59:23 AM »
Hi Guys,

I wonder if you maybe help me out here please?

Ive noticed that a few of my sites have all of a sudden started to get a high volume of no_ref traffic (About 3-5K) extra a day. I know it never used to be like that, and this is the first time its happened for months.
After reading other forums, its looks as though this might be a bot etc.
I know that I can lok in the Analyser menu, but not quite sure exactly what Im looking for. Is there anything that should be standing out at me. It states that the traffic from no-ref is US, but I cant seem to figure out from which IPS, and then how to block, if needed.

If this is just a one hit wonder, perhaps related to the new year or something, then no worries, but should I do something about it?

Thanks

Offline ip0li

• mgSearkGD
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Girls from your city for night
Re: No_ref Traffic increase!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 04:01:13 AM »
Usually it's BOT yes and it's couple IP's, since bot is only opening your site and not clicking around there is no harm done at all. You can ask your host to check what ip's are hitting your sites in mass repetition mode and you can ask them to block them also.

Offline Jonathan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 04:29:03 AM »
Thanks for the reply.

Is there a way to disregard this traffic, or set my no ref to send to an exit or something? My prod has gone down to about 50 on some of the sites, and its getting confusing what is going on in terms of figures and prod levels.

:)

Offline ip0li

• mgSearkGD
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Girls from your city for night
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 09:07:49 PM »
best is to ask your host what ip's are hammering your sites and deny them access via htaccess, atm TP doesn't have such option and even if it does it will be more complicated installation for end user and this function is needed maybe on 1 from 1000 sites.