Author Topic: Slight problem upgrading to build 16  (Read 9124 times)

Offline Andrew

• View Profile
Slight problem upgrading to build 16
« on: June 16, 2009, 02:55:44 PM »
I just did the upgrade to build 16.  It didn't go quite as smoothly as I'd hoped.

This was probably my fault as I did not have my /tp directory writeable by the server (I prefer not to have world writeable files in my server path).

When I did the update, the existing TP files did get updated but what I assume are some new files (eg a_ft.php, class.PT.php) did not get created.

The result was that after the update I could not access my admin page (just the header showed). Luckily the main site still seemed to be working (although it was sending all traffic to content).

My server error log showed that I had missing files - so to fix it I went to one of my other TP installations, made the /tp directory writeable, did the upgrade and the copied a_ft.php and class.PT.php over to my first site.

Once I'd done that the admin area appeared and showed that I was at build 16.

However, I guess there may be some other files missing too that I haven't accessed yet - so a couple of questions:
- is there a way of forcing an upgrade to fill in any missing files even when TP tells me my version is up to date?
- if not, are there any other completely new files that I should copy over?

Also, might I suggest that the upgrade function should check for a writeable /tp directory before undertaking any changes?

Thanks,

Offline ip0li

• mgSearkGD
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Girls from your city for night
Re: Slight problem upgrading to build 16
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 06:47:49 AM »
go to settings/updater and try to update your site, if any files are missing they will be auto downloaded

Offline Andrew

• View Profile
Re: Slight problem upgrading to build 16
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 02:37:18 PM »
Thank you very much ip0li - all fixed now