Author Topic: None language.  (Read 7299 times)

Offline slizard1

• View Profile
None language.
« on: May 31, 2009, 12:41:18 PM »
Hi,

I have an issue with 1 site atm.  I'm receiving 300 hits or so everyday that is really unproductive from my noref_in.

When looking to my detailed stats for this section, I see ''none'' language appearing as 1st language entering the site.

I have talked to my host & they told me that it could be bots/crawlers & I've been advised to put the code below in my .htaccess file at the root of this domain to filter those hits.:
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP:Accept-Language} ^$ [NC]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} ^$ [NC]
RewriteCond %{REQUST_URI} !^/index2.html
RewriteCond %{REQUST_URI} ^/$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUST_URI} ^/index.html$
RewriteRule .* /index2.html [L,R=301]

Unfortunetely, it didn't solve anything. I still get too many of those hits (250). I've checked User Agents, IPs & I can't pinpoint what could be doing this.

Thing is, the only IPs I see in TP , are the ones that are active but can't see those entering the site that aren't active.

Logs could probably help a bit, so long as you know what to look for which isn't the case actually.

Have any clue how could find what are those ''none'' language hits appearing in TP?

Thanks.

Offline ip0li

• mgSearkGD
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Girls from your city for night
Re: None language.
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 04:03:29 AM »
I advice you to look for them in server logs not in TP logs, since tp shows clicking ip's only. So simply ask your host to find out which IP's are "problematic" in your case.