Author Topic: Question about force types  (Read 11515 times)

Offline Andrew

• View Profile
Question about force types
« on: January 11, 2009, 04:18:12 AM »
Hi,

I need some help understanding the various 'force' types (I've looked in the manual but didn't find anything - is this explained somewhere?)

I'm guessing the following (please indicate if I have this incorrectly):

- Hourly force of 'n' means send 'n' hits out to this trade each hour until further notice.
  To end an hourly force I have to manually set the value back to zero

- Instant force of 'n' means send 'n' hits out to this trade as quickly as possible.
  The force ends automatically as soon as the required number of hits has been sent.

- Timed force of 'n'x'h' means send 'n' hits per hour out to this trade for the next 'h' hours.
  Force lasts for 'h' hours and then ends automatically

If that's correct then I'm having trouble with the timed force.  What I'm seeing is that if I set a timed force of, say, 10 per hour for 8 hours then when I come back, say, 2 hours later it says there are only 2.8 hours left when I'm expecting there to be 6 hours left.
(is this possibly because more than 20 hits have been sent out in those 2 hours?)

What I would like to be able to do is to set the force(s) so that I send a minimum of 10 hits per hour each and every hour for the next 8 hours.  30 hits one hour and 10 the next is fine, so long as the force remains in place for the full 8 hours.  Please can you tell me how I can set that up?

Thanks,

Offline Kildoozer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Question about force types
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 10:58:53 AM »
- Hourly force of 'n' means send 'n' hits out to this trade each hour until further notice.
  To end an hourly force I have to manually set the value back to zero

- right. Script will try to force till hourly outs to trade >= setted amount of hourly forces. So, if a trade already has 100 outs in this hour, and you setted 'hourly forces = 50' - no any additional hits (as forces) will be sent to a trade.
- Instant force of 'n' means send 'n' hits out to this trade as quickly as possible.
  The force ends automatically as soon as the required number of hits has been sent.
Setted amount of instant forces will be sent as additional to current outs. If some trade has 100 hits out in the current hour, and you setted 'Instant forces = 50' - this trader will get additional 50 hits in next hour (hours, day, days - depends on traffic you have).

- Timed force of 'n'x'h' means send 'n' hits per hour out to this trade for the next 'h' hours.
  Force lasts for 'h' hours and then ends automatically
- the same as 'hourly forces', but with duration on some hours. It won't be additional outs, script will try to keep minimal trade (outs to a trade) as you setted.

If that's correct then I'm having trouble with the timed force.  What I'm seeing is that if I set a timed force of, say, 10 per hour for 8 hours then when I come back, say, 2 hours later it says there are only 2.8 hours left when I'm expecting there to be 6 hours left.
(is this possibly because more than 20 hits have been sent out in those 2 hours?)

What I would like to be able to do is to set the force(s) so that I send a minimum of 10 hits per hour each and every hour for the next 8 hours.  30 hits one hour and 10 the next is fine, so long as the force remains in place for the full 8 hours.  Please can you tell me how I can set that up?

Thanks,
Once again, if you setted to force (equal as 'keeping minimal trade') 10 hits/h for 8 hours - script will try to send AT LEAST 10 hits to a trade for the next 8 hours. No matter how real trade going between yor sites, how much you sending. And script can't reduce duration from 10 hours to 3 hours so fast, please check everything one more time :)

Offline Andrew

• View Profile
Re: Question about force types
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 01:47:51 PM »
Hi Kildoozer (and welcome home :) )

Ok - thank you for that clear explanation - that is what I was expecting.

However, I AM seeing some strange behaviour with respect to the 'hours to go' value in the timed force case.  I quite commonly see a 'faster than reality' reduction in the number of hours to go figure (as in my example). 

A concrete example:

Last night I added a new trade and I set a timed force of 10x8.  I have plenty of (feeder) traffic to the site so no shortage.  This morning when I checked the stats for that trade, I see that the script sent the following numbers per hour:
  14, 13, 14, 15, 19,7

So, it sent a total of 82 but only for 6 hours

I can't be certain (I wasn't paying too much attention at the time) but in previous cases where I've set a timed force AND a nitro boost, that is when I see the hrs to go figure reduce most dramatically.

Is it possible that the total (10x8 = 80) is somehow being used as a cap or rate limit??

Thanks,