Author Topic: no ins, but clicks  (Read 10065 times)

Offline bbhrucy79

• View Profile
    • Pussy in Style
no ins, but clicks
« on: December 05, 2011, 11:31:22 AM »
I see this from a trade:

24 hours:

in: 0
out: 24
clicks: 18

???

Offline ip0li

• mgSearkGD
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Girls from your city for night
Re: no ins, but clicks
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 01:13:12 AM »
Are you sure they are not sending to some page on your site where ssi_in.php is not included?

If possible send me your site url and tp access via PM / make sure to include link to this thread :)

cheers!

Offline bbhrucy79

• View Profile
    • Pussy in Style
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 06:30:49 AM »
if I see this kind of stats next time I will PM you ;-) I deleted this trade. And no, I have only the index page, no other pages.

Offline ip0li

• mgSearkGD
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Girls from your city for night
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 06:32:01 AM »
ok. cheers

Offline allniche

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 08:53:49 AM »
There is actually what appears to be a related bug I found when doing some testing.  I don't know if it's the cause of what you see or not but to duplicate:

1. Use a clean browser free of cookies.  Disable javascript (I use Noscript).

2. Find some trades in your toplist which have 0 ins and 0 clicks. (Preferably to your other sites so you are not technically cheating anyone!)  Keep track of which site you clicked on first and second.

3. Visit your site as a type in.

4. Click on the trades identified in #2 with 0 clicks and 0 ins approximately 1 second apart.  This probably won't work if you chose to filter toplist clicks in settings->out and redirect them to a special page.  It didn't work for me.

5. Check your stats after a minute or so (if high traffic, if not it may take longer).  You will probably notice the first or second site you clicked on now has some clicks - apparently for some reason TP is counting the clicks OUT which you just made to those trades.  You'll also notice it still has 0 IN.

I'm not sure which other conditions will trigger this.  It looks like it only messes up on toplist clicks with javascript off right now but it's possible the bug is manifesting in other undetected ways which I'm not seeing. 

It's not a big deal as all software has bugs and this probably happens in rare conditions but you guys might want to check close this one to make TP even more perfect. :)  In a worst case scenario I believe if a bot came and started clicking on your toplist in sequential order it might very well award +1 "click" to the first or second trade - one for every toplist click on your other trades. So at the same time it's probably not a "brush off" bug either.

Offline allniche

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 10:14:35 AM »
Here I can confirm something like this happening but with hourly:

http://allthefetishes.com/trades/tp_clickbug1.png

Look at the first trade in the light blue columns.  0 in, 5 out, 2 clicks.  Then look further and see that those two clicks are "trade clicks" (t. clicks).  This supports my theory of it being related tot he bug described above.  But I guess for hourly it's also possible the trade had one in last hour and they are just now clicking this hour.  This one is natural and just happened.  I didn't induce it.  So I guess it is happening "in the wild".

Here is another screenshot on a different site showing the problem for daily clicks:

http://allthefetishes.com/trades/tp_clickbug2.png

Check the purple columns and notice the first one.  0 IN, 7 Out, 9 clicks.  Then move over and look at "t. clicks"  -- all clicks are trade clicks.  This one I induced myself with the above procedure.

Here is part of detailed stats for this last trade:

http://allthefetishes.com/trades/tp_clickbug3.png

Again it is confirmed.  0 IN but 20 clicks although 11 weren't counted probably because of my maximum click setting.

I hope this helps.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 10:25:25 AM by allniche »

Offline Kildoozer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 09:40:58 AM »
Contact me with ftp info next time, I'll found out that's the clicks without ins. But I'm 100% sure here is no any bugs in the script. It may be some kind of bot who keeps the cookies for a long time, can't say exactly.

Offline allniche

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2011, 12:36:10 PM »
Contact me with ftp info next time, I'll found out that's the clicks without ins. But I'm 100% sure here is no any bugs in the script. It may be some kind of bot who keeps the cookies for a long time, can't say exactly.

Kildoozer, no it can definitely be duplicated with a normal browser just by disabling Javascript (I use NoScript - unfortunately it's pretty popular for Firefox so a good % of surfers -- maybe like 5% -- will use it too) and clicking on the toplist.  All by doing a type in.  Try the procedure above to duplicate it.  I'm able to duplicate it again and again consistently every time using that procedure.

It will award clicks to the first (usually) or second toplist entry you click and then when you click on subsequent toplist entries when you have javascript disabled and come in as a type-in it will continue to register each click out as a normal trade click assigned to the trade you first (or sometimes the 2nd ti seems) clicked on.  It seems to be mis-allocating clicks.

I actually induced it here in this screenshot: http://allthefetishes.com/trades/tp_clickbug2.png
by using the above procedure.  Note the "Threat 100" - I think it's because all those clicks were with javascript off (filtered). :)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 12:43:16 PM by allniche »