Author Topic: Question about toplist ordering by P1 P2 P3  (Read 12689 times)

Offline Andrew

• View Profile
Question about toplist ordering by P1 P2 P3
« on: January 14, 2011, 03:20:54 PM »
Hi,

I'm looking at how to order my toplists for a no skim TGP.

I notice that I can order my toplists by the P values P1, P2 or P3.

When I look at the outlist page I see 15 trades under P1, 3 under P2 and 4 under P3.

Does TP calculate P values for all trades or only for those displayed in the outlist? 
For example, if I choose P! for my toplist ordering, how would trades be ordered beyond slot 15 if I chose P1?

Thanks,

Offline Andrew

• View Profile
Re: Question about toplist ordering by P1 P2 P3
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 01:42:35 PM »
Ok, I can partially answer this myself now - I have discovered P1, P2 and P3 on the layout template - I've enabled those and I can see that only a few trades at a time get a P1, P2 and P3 value.

So...  I'm looking for an algorithm (and a way to implement it) for my toplists on a no skim site.  I need a mix of productivity (or effect) and trade size so that emphasis is in general given to larger trades but a small highly productive trade will come higher than a medium sized lower productivity one - has anyone done anything like this?

Offline ip0li

• mgSearkGD
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Girls from your city for night
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 07:52:52 AM »
For what you need P1 will do just fine!

Offline Andrew

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 01:24:09 AM »
Ok ip0li I'll give it a try - but if I have a toplist of, say, 100 trades, and only 15 have a value of P1 (at any given time) in what order will those below slot 15 be displayed?   Random?  Can I specify somehow?
Thanks

Offline ip0li

• mgSearkGD
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 02:56:04 AM »
All trades always have P1, you can check by enabling it in settings->layout and then check your index stats.

Offline Andrew

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 01:20:27 PM »
This is where I get confused - I have P1 shown on my main stats page and out of 100 trades only 13 show a value for P1 (see attachment) - all the others show a value of zero - also, if I sort by P1 I get the order shown in the capture.

Offline ip0li

• mgSearkGD
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 04:53:59 AM »
Then this is bug, please send email to info@kildoozer.com !

Offline Andrew

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 01:57:26 AM »
Ok ip0li - I tried that email for kildoozer but it bounced - so I sent to kildoozer@scriptpulse.com instead - maybe you could point him to this thread?

Offline Kildoozer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2011, 06:20:40 AM »
Hi,
could you please compare your P1 in main stas and under 'outlists' menu? NOT all your trades have P1, because of trades amount limitation for P1 (same with P2 and P3)

Offline Andrew

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2011, 01:16:20 PM »
Hi Kildoozer,

Thanks for looking at this.  And yes, the P1 values displayed in the main stats do indeed agree with the values in the outlist - and there are 15 trades in each case.

So, please correct me if I'm wrong but I think that ip0li's statement that 'all trades always have a P1' is not correct - only the top N trades (for me, 15) have a P1 at any given time.

So... back to my original question which is how can I best calculate my toplist for a no skim TGP?

Looking at the outlist page it looks like I should order my toplist first by P1 and then by 'secondary outlist'.  Is there a way to do this?

Or, is there a setting somewhere that would allow me to put, say, 100 trades into the P1 list - and if so would that even be a sensible thing to do?

Or, can I do something like make two toplists, the first one is the top 15 by P1 and then the second is 'all trades not in the top 15' - (how) can I do that?

And (to everyone...) how do other folks arrange toplists for no skim sites?

All suggestions appreciated, thanks.