Author Topic: Popular sites list in site stats shows ?x=1234 etc  (Read 7954 times)

Offline Andrew

• View Profile
Popular sites list in site stats shows ?x=1234 etc
« on: August 15, 2009, 09:41:06 PM »
I'm looking at the 'Popular Pages' section of the whole site stats page.  The list shows a separate row for every different combination of mysite.com/?x=1234. etc.

I have category pages on my site at mysite.com/category/cat1 etc.  I'd like to see the stats for traffic at those category pages.  But some of the category pages receive far fewer hits than my main page does from my top trades - so the category pages never make it into this list (even with the list set to show 100 items)

Ideally I would like to see a line for every unique URI at my site but excluding the ?x=1234 etc.  Ie, mysite.com/ and mysite.com/?x=1234, mysite.com/?x.3456.7890 are all counted as just mysite.com/.  I think what I want to do is just ignore (and suppress) the query string component of the URIs. Is this possible?  If not, could you add that to the list of things to do? And/or is there somewhere else in the stats where I can see incoming traffic at my category pages?

Thanks

Offline oil

• View Profile
Re: Popular sites list in site stats shows ?x=1234 etc
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 12:00:17 AM »
i ll give that a +1 that bothered me as well

Offline Kildoozer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Popular sites list in site stats shows ?x=1234 etc
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 12:39:02 AM »

Ideally I would like to see a line for every unique URI at my site but excluding the ?x=1234 etc.  Ie, mysite.com/ and mysite.com/?x=1234, mysite.com/?x.3456.7890 are all counted as just mysite.com/.  I think what I want to do is just ignore (and suppress) the query string component of the URIs. Is this possible? 
Thanks
Sure, it's possible. Will be done in next build.